Friday, February 26, 2010

How Many Wifi Devices Can My Router Handle



There are two things that struck me right after my mother's death: the first is that I felt no relief in contrast to I planned, and the second I felt a lot more pain than I ever imagined.

When death is expected to close one of the things that matter most in the world and we live in the hard journey from day to day, we try to anticipate and arrive more or less to persuade himself that when death comes it will feel liberated. In fact, I immediately came to regret my long days at his bedside, and the reality of knowing that I will never see mom - reality yet predictable - stunned me with great violence.

I also realized the great opportunity that I had to accompany mom throughout her last trip. We could just say, I could take her hand one last time by telling him that I loved her. I'm so neither regret nor words, nor frustration. This now in, and I measure my grief at what point it is important.

That mom had just been blown away when I returned to France with my two little girls seems terribly unfair. I can only remember last summer when she was so happy to know that she would finally be a real grandmother and her little girl walking in the garden of acclimatization. It was his joy, his happiness. She already saw it, identifying parks around Neuilly, vendors of ice cream and toys. And then the drama in October, cancer. She taught me the phone, I collapsed into tears, thinking of my daughters who grow up without their French grandmother.

But I must not be too sad. Mom had a good life, she often said. 69 years is a good age, even if it is still early to leave. She was able to shake his little girls in her arms. And she has shown extraordinary courage in accepting his fate quickly in the early days. She never took pity on herself. And she fought to the end, not letting himself go a few days before the end, when she had no strength to lift my arms.

Interment will be held at the Montmartre cemetery in Paris Friday, March 5 at 11am. It is a rather long time, but I have to buy the concession to build the vault. There will be two seats, one for mom and one for dad. Monday I'm going to choose the location. I did not even know that was possible ...

On this blog I had never really written. It was his space. Now is also a little my space for me, because writing all this makes me feel good. I read with emotion your messages here and on the wire on Doctissimo mom, and I join with my family to thank you again Once the support you have given us throughout this ordeal.

Eric

0 comments:

Post a Comment